This year, we are celebrating the third Denver Lawyers’ Arts & Literature Contest. The Docket Committee would like to thank all of the wonderful entrants who made the final decisions so difficult.
Everyone who participated in the contest has a license to practice law, but those who stood out also showed off their artistic license. It’s clear that many Denver lawyers find a work–life balance in their creative outlets. You’ll see each impressive winning piece on the following pages.
Please join us in congratulating the winners and praising all entrants at the Denver Lawyers’ Arts & Literature Contest Party on Wednesday, Sept. 10. The event will be held at the DBA offices at 5:30 p.m., and include complimentary appetizers and drinks. If you’d like to see and hear the winning works and mingle with local artists and attorneys, please RSVP online or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the winners below:
- Erin Agee: Poetry Winner for “Annul”
- Brett Godfrey: Painting Winner for “Down and Dirty”
- Barry C. Bartel: Sculpture and Photography Winner
- Joel Sayres: Fiction Winner for “180 Nights”
- Ilona Dotterrer: Nonfiction Winner for “How I Knew the Soviets”