New CBA/DBA Executive Director Patrick Flaherty brings a unique blend of legal knowledge, nonprofit management, and advocacy experience to the bar associations.
He was most recently Director of Policy Advocacy Programs at the Gill Foundation, and prior to that, he was Executive Director of the nonprofit Project Angel Heart. Flaherty also has nine years of legal experience—he was a partner at Lewis Roca Rothgerber, where he focused on corporate and commercial litigation. He has a JD from Denver Law, and a master’s degree in nonprofit management from Regis University.
Of course, Flaherty isn’t all business—get to know this bar leader’s lighter side with these ten questions!
1. What’s the best life advice you’ve ever been given?
“The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool”
2. If you could only bring three things on an island with you, what would you bring?
Besides the obvious escape and survival gear, a loved one, an encyclopedia, and a bag of Peanut M&M’s
3. What’s your favorite restaurant in Denver?
Benny’s Restaurant & Tequila Bar
4. Are you a cat or dog person?
5. Give us a mom fact? (something only your mother would know).
Just never cook brussels sprouts around me…
6. If you could only watch one TV show for a year, what would it be?
How It’s Made—no “if only” about it
7. What’s your favorite law school memory?
Getting spacing right on citation quizzes
8. Social network of choice (if any)?
It isn’t virtual, in part because it’s over a beer
9. Favorite book?
If Rick Steves’ travel books don’t qualify, then any page-turner novel
10. Why do you love living in Denver?
Whatever today is, just look outside
“Ten Questions” is a new Docket feature focused on getting to know DBA members. If you’re interested in being in the spotlight—or know someone else who should be—let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.