1. Why did you become a lawyer?
I wanted to help people solve their problems.
2. What’s the best advice you’ve ever been given?
In life, as in chess, always think two moves ahead.
3. What have been some of the most rewarding aspects of your career?
Helping people resolve disputes with a minimum of aggravation and expense through mediation.
4. How do you achieve work-life balance?
Work is my passion.
5. What sparked your passion for volunteerism?
If we are not willing to accept the problems in the world, we have to be part of the solution.
6. Who is your favorite artist and why?
My favorite musical artist is Neil Young. I wish I could write songs, sing, play the harmonica and guitar, all at the same time, like he does.
7. What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people do not live up to the expectations that they require from others.
8. If you could change anything about Denver, what would it be?
I would lower the cost of living so that so many are not driven to homelessness.
9. If you could be a superhero, who would you be and why?
I would be Batman. He achieves what he has through hard work rather than being an alien or bitten by a spider.
10. If you weren’t a lawyer, you’d be:
More about you:
Lives in: Denver.
Lives with: My wonderful wife and two amazing daughters.
Works at: Law Office of Samuel Ventola.
Practices in: General litigation and appeals; religious freedom/First Amendment; estate planning and probate litigation; professional ethics; mediation.
Law School: CU. Go Buffs!D
Editor’s Note: Do you know a DBA member who should be featured? Email nominations to Jessica Volz at firstname.lastname@example.org.